Wednesday 1 May 2013

Abstract Paintings by Simon Kenny


Hi Folks,

Welcome to my next blog.

Images of all my recent abstract paintings are posted below and should you be interested in seeing further details please visit http://simonkenny.artweb.com or you can email me directly at simonkenny@eskayfineart.co.uk with your questions.

My 2013 portfolio is continuing to expand with a steady stream of new abstract paintings being added weekly. To keep my work fresh I have also been painting a number of abstracted landscape, seascape and skyscape/ skyline paintings. My paintings are created using only high quality materials and painted in varying sizes on stretched canvases ranging between 36" x 24" up to 72" x 48".

I have continued with the same themes in my abstract paintings with roughly half the new pieces being mixed media colour burst paintings that combine a large number of techniques and a broad colour palette. The majority of my abstract oil paintings are created using brushes, palette knives and poured paint with strong elements taken from the natural and spiritual world but maintaining a strong abstract tone .

My mixed media paintings are inspired and created using photos of extreme weather, deep space and again contain elements of a spiritual nature. The abstracted landscape and seascape paintings are not based on any one place in particular which not only leaves the paintings open to interpretation by the viewer but also directly reflects my mind set as I was creating each piece.

I've recently exhibited in two art fairs and a group exhibition where a number of paintings sold and I have another 3 exhibitions lined up this side of summer and I'm considering a solo show for late July.

Paintings sales have continued to grow well beyond my expectations which has been fantastic and in the early part of the year I was commissioned by a corporate client in the U.S and recently completed two private commissions both for Australian clients.

That's it for now folks.

Once again thanks for stopping by and please enjoy viewing my work below.

Forge: Oil 48" x 36" SOLD

Where the Wind Blows: Oil 36" x 36" £1400 

Torn: Mixed media 48" x 36" SOLD

Where Dreams May Lie: Oil  50 x 40" SOLD

Odyssey: Mixed media 48 x 36" SOLD

Origin Unknown: Mixed media and gloss resin 40 x 40" £2100

Genesis: Oil  48 x 36" SOLD

Enigma: Mixed media  40 x 30" SOLD

Escaping Orion: Mixed media 39 x 39" SOLD

From the Dark: Oil and gloss resin 40 x 40" SOLD

Nova II: Mixed media  48 x 36" SOLD

Quark: Mixed media 48 x 36" SOLD

The Calling Shores: Oil  36 x 36" SOLD

Union: Mixed media 60 x 36" SOLD

The Restless Dawn: Mixed media and gloss resin 40 x 40" SOLD

The Force of One: Mixed media 36 x 36" SOLD

Elements: Mixed media 48 x 36" SOLD

On Troubled Shores: Oil 40 x 40" £2600 


Conceived in Dreams: Mixed media and gloss resin 48 x 36" SOLD

Rift: Mixed media 48 x 36" SOLD

Utero: Oil 48 x 48" £3450

The Valley of Kings: Oil 40 x 40" SOLD


Solitude: Oil 39 x 39" SOLD

The Turning Tides: Oil  40 x 30" SOLD

Awakening: Oil 60 x 36" SOLD

The Early Dawn: Mixed media 48 x 36" SOLD

Impact: Oil 48 x 36" SOLD

I'm uploading new abstract paintings weekly so if you'd like to see more please stop my website at http://simonkenny.artweb.com 
Private viewings of artworks in the studio also available upon request. Please contact me at simonkenny@eskayfineart.co.uk to discuss in further detail.

Thanks again for stopping by.









No comments:

Post a Comment